Thursday, June 14, 2012

On the Highway to Montreal
(spoken into a microphone while I drive)


On the highway in County Northumberland
I think of how we all just pass through this Earth
how my father will pass through
how my mother will pass through
and how
these clouds billow above
the heron glides against the blue
and the little one follows her ...

The mist gathers in the corners of the trees
and on the highway the cars zip by
like the blood in your veins

And when I drive to Montreal
on this road, East, with the air in my lungs,
passing through cities like Port Hope ...

I wonder what it all means

I wonder at the culmination ...

thinking of the ends
and the new beginnings
my heart swells to the rhythm of some drum beat

and then I think ...
how incredible it is to be alive
and to know that you are alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment