Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Some Dreams ...

I had a dream I was taming a snake. That's all I remember of that one. The next day I dreamt of a huge boar, with massive horns eating a piece of plastic in the desert. Then a few nights ago I had a dream of a prestigious man giving a lecture/play to a large audience, to which, I was an audience member. I call it a lecture/play because it was boring and horrible in the sense that a lecture is boring and a play can be horrible. I was there in the audience with my mother, my aunt, boyfriend, sister, cousin and Dad with his wife. After a lot of monotonous droning on and on, on a topic I could not follow, the lecturer came up to me, took off his belt and wrapped it around my head ! "She has a round head!" he exclaimed emphatically, and I replied "I do!" Even though I do not (have a round head). We continued to watch the performance, and my Mom kept making sounds of "hmmm" "ohhh" "ahh ..." And so, I shushed her politely. She began to cry and I felt ashamed for having silenced her. I looked behind and there sat the rest of the audience: statues erected to Zeus. Stone faced gaze. Then I woke up. Last night I spoke in my sleep saying "the sheets are washed, I washed the sheets !" My unconscious life is finding it's way into my conscious life.

No comments:

Post a Comment